Last year RockOrange was engaged by Bloomin’ Brands, one of the world’s largest fast, casual dining companies to launch Dine Rewards®, the first nationwide loyalty program to offer rewards across the brands’ multiple restaurant concepts including Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill®, Bonefish Grill and Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.
The Fresh Ideas
RockOrange designed an integrated marketing communications program to drive awareness of and sign ups to the loyalty program through a series of cross-channel media and consumer facing activations including:
- a content-rich PR Newswire landing page featuring infographics and videos alongside the launch press release
- a 15 second digital advertisement on the Thomson Reuters building in Times Square
- a national promotion with ABC’s Live with Kelly that ran during the week of the loyalty program launch and offered a $500 Dine Rewards prize for the show’s “Drive Me Wild” web trivia contest
- multiple local radio promotions in key Bloomin’ Brands markets with stations including Miami’s Y100, Charlotte’s Channel 96.1, Atlanta’s KISS 104.1 and Jacksonville’s 1 WAPE
- local blogger activations
The Solid Results
The combination of activity worked. The day the press release was released, on July 19, 2016, more than 100,000 sign-ups to the Dine Rewards loyalty program were generated. Two weeks later, more than 800,000 members had enrolled, and by October that number had doubled to more than 1.6 million members.
The activity produced 165 articles in online and print publications in the first month alone, including Mobile Commerce Daily, the Tampa Bay Business Journal, Loyalty 360, National Restaurant News and FSR magazine, generating 143,638,295 impressions with an equivalent ad value of $3,320,605.
Social sentiment over the same time period was 100 percent positive with 4,506 mentions and 4,452 posts on social media generating more than 22 million impressions.