Gaining Media Interest in a Brand Relaunch
HMD, the new home of Nokia Phones entrusted RockOrange with the relaunch of their brand and the launches of their new flagship phones in 2017 across all of the Americas.
We determined the most influential countries throughout the regions and created innovative, adaptable communications strategies that bridged cultures, brought people together and created maximum awareness for HMD Global.
- Adapt and Regionalize Global Strategy: Develop regional adaptations and partnerships to meet in-market objectives.
- Develop Tailored Story Angles: Create pitches specific to each vertical and customized to regional interests.
- Amplify Content Strategy, Activations & Partnerships: Leverage the content strategy and in-market activations, events and stunts to drive hype.
- Regionalized Thought Leadership: Position executives in localized publications and at speaking engagements.
- Successfully launched the Nokia 6 in partnership with Amazon with coverage totaling 1.9B+ impressions.
- Introduced Zeiss Partnership announcement
- Organized pre-briefings with top US media Fortune and Business Insider, with total coverage totaling 704M+ impressions.
- Supported global team with Nokia 8 announcement, securing coverage with influential publications including Android Headlines, Business Insider, CNET En Español, Digital Trends, GSM Arena, Wired, The Verge and ZDNet.
- Successfully launched the Nokia 3310 3G in partnership with Best Buy.
- Successfully launched the N3, N5, and N6 in Chile, Colombia and Mexico
- Secured coverage totaling 55M+ impressions in targeted publications including Forbes Mexico, Enter.co, N2N 24, Radio Caracol, El Universal, Unocero, El Tiempo, La Tercera and Wayerless.
- Launched Nokia 8 with very successful, regionally specific media events in each country to introduce top tier media to the new phones.
- Hosted events and “unboxings” with distributors and retailers, including MediaTek, Telefonica, etc.